Thursday, November 3, 2011

Invoking my inner puppy

The countdown is on - Saturday is the 10K mud run I've signed up for. To prepare for it, I'm using a special strategy inspired by a German Shepherd named Anna. That strategy is to act like her when confronted with a muddy puddle, pond, or lake: jump in it!

It comes down to not caring about being cold or damp or dirty and just going for it, which can be a lot of fun. I've had my share of very muddy bike rides on the trail, and they were some of the best. The key is to have fun!

So, on Saturday I'm going to invoke my inner puppy and go for the mud and water obstacles without holding back. Do these pups look like they mind? Nope, so I shouldn't either.

I heard that there will be face painters at the registration, so I've been thinking about going for the war-paint look. Haha! I can't really imagine myself doing it, which is what would make it that much funnier. I'll definitely bring my camera along in case I do...

In the mean time, I'm going to walk and stretch and rest up. Lately I've been running, walking, biking, and doing a Jillian Michaels workout video, so it's time to rest and cultivate my inner puppy!





No comments: