Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Well again!

Aside from some sneezing and occasional coughing, I'm finally over the virus that has been bothering me since then end of January. After some successful hiking this weekend, I felt that I was finally ready to run again, after 4 weeks off.
The weather has been great, so my plan was to bring my running gear to work and run around town before going home. At the last minute, though, my mom told me that she needed a ride home, so I ended up meeting her and going for a run at the walking path around the school sports fields next to her work while she walked. I took it very slowly and enjoyed the new scenery. The path is located on top of a hill with great views. It is also marked with maps showing the distances of various routes around the fields. If I haven't mentioned it before, I love maps, and these were done quite well.
Anyway, I ran about 2.5 miles at an easy pace and feel pretty good afterwards. It will be a little while before I can either see a significant increase in either speed or distance, but this is a good start!

No comments: