Friday, November 29, 2013

200th post!

Happy 200th post!

I started this blog five years ago, in a flurry of anxiety over my  first trail run. I searched the web for information about the course and read blog post after blog post about 4-mile trail runs. I didn't know what to expect, and reading other people's accounts of their experiences made it a little less scary.

Well, here I am, 5 years and 200 posts later, getting ready to run the same trail race. I won't go overboard on the difference between then and now, because a lot has changed, and a lot has stayed the same - and it would be weird if it weren't like that. I do have to say that I like the roundness of those numbers, and the symmetry of it. I've begun a training plan to even out muscle imbalances and to prepare myself to tackle some of the larger running goals I've imagined for myself, so I think that I'm at the beginning of something new now.

There will be a lot more trail runs, miles, craziness, down days, goals achieved, and new ones made. As a pretty awesome author once wrote, "The Road goes ever on and on." I hope to see you on the way!



No comments: