Saturday, February 21, 2009

Time to start training

Between uncooperative weather and family obligations, I haven't had the opportunity to run very much lately. I didn't turn in my sneakers entirely this winter, so I'm still in fairly good shape, but I'm not as fit as I could be. My last run was about 3 miles 1 week ago. I think that now I'm ready to begin training again. The next 5k I'd like to run in is 7 weeks away, and I would like to do some long runs, tempo runs, and speed work on the track in order to prepare for it.
I began re-reading Lord of the Rings, which is an added motivator for me. It makes me want to get outside and put some miles behind me. I just got to the end of book 1, where Frodo and his friends flee from the black riders to get to Rivendell. I am going to continue reading this morning. It will give me something to think about on my run this afternoon.

No comments: