Tuesday, June 16, 2009

4 days to go

Miles: 6.2
Pace: 10:14
Total miles for the day: 6.7

Today I did my last long run before the race. This run was originally supposed to be on Sunday, but my cousin had a housewarming party on Sunday, so I rescheduled. I still wanted to fit in a run that night, so I decided to go with 3 miles easy on the treadmill. I warmed up and then started running at an easy 10-minute-mile pace. I say "easy" because that's what it would seem to be, but it was ridiculously hard. It was actually an effort to keep up. And then I got cramps - the PMS kind, not a side stitch. I tried to tough it out for a while, but eventually I stopped the treadmill, went to the bathroom, and came back a few minutes later when I felt better. That cured the cramps, but the pace was still pretty hard for me. I ended up slowing down after 2.5 miles, so the last half mile was a cool-down. The total for Sunday was 3.5 miles.

After my bad running day on Sunday, I rested full yesterday and got lots of sleep last night. I woke up this morning ready for my long run, and it went very well. I ran it on the road instead of the trail, as I always had done, and I'm feeling pretty good afterward. If the weather cooperates, I'd like to go for a short bike ride tomorrow and an easy 3-mile run on Thursday. Then Saturday is the race! I just hope I don't have a repeat of my April 11 race...

No comments: