Saturday, June 13, 2009

Arms and abs

I was about to ride my bike yesterday when the electricity unexpectedly went out. I couldn't get my car out of the garage, so bringing the bike to the trail was out of the question, and it occurred to me that I probably should not get too grossed up in case the power did not go back on in time for me to shower and get ready for a book club meeting I had at 6 PM. So instead of riding on the road or going for a run, I worked on arms and abs. For abs, I did a few different types of crunches and other core-strengthening exercises that I remembered. For arms, I used the 2 lb. weights that came with the treadmill and either held both at the same time or did several sets of repetitions with one in each hand. I think that it was the push-ups that killed me, though. I woke up feeling very sore down the sides of my ribs underneath my arms. I think I'll hold off on any more strength/weight training until after next Saturday. I don't want to be sore for the race!

No comments: