Saturday, May 1, 2010

Last-minute preparations before 13.1!

In a little while I'll be heading to the Jersey Shore with my dad and support staff for the race expo and packet pick up. We'll stay overnight in a hotel just down the road from the shuttle pick-up, and then I'll run 13.1 miles.

I'm pretty excited. My right leg has not hurt for a couple of days, so I'm not as scared as I had been about it. Hopefully the rest I gave it is just what it needed.

I picked out my outfit for the race. It consists of the lightest technical shirt I have, since it is supposed to be very hot and humid, as well as my most comfortable shorts. They don't ride up or chafe, and they have a key-pocket with a zipper so I can stash a baggie of raisins.


I decided to carry a hand-held waterbottle with me, because the weather is going to be so warm. I'd probably be fine with the water stations, but I'll take it just to be sure.

Well, I've got to get going and finish up my last-minute preparations. Stay tuned for the recap!

No comments: