Monday, November 29, 2010

Don't shoot me, please!

Have you ever noticed the runners who look so sleek and cool clad in all-black cold-weather running gear? Ninja-like from balaclava to compression tights, they look like they're probably as fast as ninjas, too.

I am not one of them.

Instead, I'll be super stylish this winter in my brand-new "Hotfingers Hunting" orange knit hat. Until I find somewhere else to run besides wooded trails and back roads, I have to stick to wearing the brightest colors possible, and with hunting season upon us, orange is the best color.

I came across the hat when I was looking around at an outdoor recreation store for pepper spray to carry with me on runs. The pepper spray was the jogger model, with a strap to put around your hand to make it easy to carry. With the pepper spray, orange hat, and iFitness belt to carry keys, phone, and extra fuel, I'm well-prepared to run safely this winter.

No comments: