Thursday, July 25, 2013

So little time

16 days until Wildcat Ridge Romp 10-mile trail run

51 days until Pass-It-Along 56-mile bike tour

58 days until...my wedding!


All of these things used to be so far in the future. Now it feels like crunch time! 

It's all very exciting, but I have to be careful about how I use my time. Balancing between getting workouts in and leaving time to call wedding vendors and getting enough sleep and eating healthfully has been a challenge, but I have to budget my time carefully now to get the most out of all of these upcoming events. 

The trail run will be the hardest, since I haven't prepared for it and will need to get in at least two quality long runs beforehand to be able to complete it without being a mushy pile of misery the whole time. 

I really enjoyed training for the Ride to Read last year, and I look forward to spending a lot more time on the road bike and increasing my skills there, but I don't want to sacrifice too much training time that could be devoted to running. This will be a tricky balance, but I'm seriously thinking of commuting at least one (and maybe two or three) days a week to work by bicycle. This would be healthy, would save on gas, and would be environmentally friendly. Sounds like a win, win, win situation. 

I can't believe how quickly the wedding has come up. There are still a million things that need to be done. So, I'll have to make a list and make an effort to get something done each day. Many days, I use all of my time before work to get a run in, but I really have to budget time better. Running is important, but I shouldn't let it overwhelm my free time. 

Here's to calling the dress shop and scheduling my wedding dress fitting!

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you." - Spoken by Gandalf in Lord of the Rings

No comments: