Sunday, April 5, 2009

Can't wait to cross-train

One week ago I came home with this white and red Trek 6000, and I am so happy with it. It's so light that I can easily lift it above my head (which is more than what I can say about my last few bikes). The brakes are disc brakes, which I've never used before, and they're awesome -- I won't be as scared of coasting downhill now. And, it has front suspension, so my shoulders will get a big break. In fact, that slight give in the front -- easing the jarring on my arms and shoulders -- was one of the first things I noticed about it when I first rode it. My only complaint is that the saddle is uncomfortable, but I could easily replace that.
I'd really like to get out on the trail for a bike ride now. The sun is shining and just calling for me to head outside...

No comments: