Thursday, May 14, 2009

On the trail this week

The weather's been nice so I've done my workouts on the trail lately. Saturday I went with the intention of running 4 miles. It was hot out, and by the time I got to the half-way point, I was really tired, so I walked for a while. My time for the 2 miles was 17:57. I did some sprints here and there, and by the time I got to about the 3-mile mark I started jogging again. On Monday I went to the trail again for a bike ride with my favorite biking partner. We rode about 4.5-5 miles, with a brief detour onto the road to stop off at the library and say hello. It was a beautiful day -- much cooler than the weekend had been -- and the ride was really enjoyable. I headed out to the trail again yesterday morning for another run. I decided to time the 2 miles and walk/jog the rest of the way like I did on Saturday. It was cooler and more comfortable out, and my time was 17:16. That's about 5K pace for me, but it felt difficult. I hope to make that my easy pace over the course of the summer. The entire 4 miles (1 mile of walking included) took 45 minutes and 28 seconds.

No comments: