Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cautiously optimistic

I have to be optimistic after my very depressed-sounding last post. Sorry for such unhappiness! Anyway, I went to the sports doctor yesterday, and his diagnosis is shin splints - not a stress fracture! Of course, a fracture isn't completely ruled out, but I'm pleased that he thinks it's the shin splints. He said that the bone was probably weakened and on the brink of fracturing, but I probably caught it and rested it in time. Part of the problem is old shoes and tight Achilles tendons, so I'm going to buy a new pair and go for physical therapy. I can run if the leg feels good. If I don't feel good, and it gets worse even after physical therapy, I'll have to go back for a bone scan to check for a fracture. We'll see how it goes!

Ever on

No comments: