Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Forgot one teensy little thing...

I had 1.5 miles on the trail to run today, so I walked a half mile, ran a half mile, and then turned around and ran the mile back. I just forgot one teensy little thing -- to stretch! I don't know why I thought that walking would be enough of a warm up, especially since the weather was chilly. I felt a little stiff as a result, but other than that, it was a good run. It snowed a few days ago, and there was some snow and ice left on the trail, but I tip-toed through it and didn't slip. I actually felt more stable running than walking, since there's so much less contact with the ground.

I'm really pleased with the fact that my shins aren't a problem anymore. I'm more confident about being prepared for the half marathon, and I can't wait to see what other adventures I'll find for myself in 2010. I'm really looking forward to running more technical trails, and maybe I'll do some running at higher elevations. Depending on how things go, I might even sign up for a marathon...

But first things first: I have 20 more weeks before the half-marathon. I have to safely work up to being able to finish that. The rest of my week looks like this:
1 mile on Thursday, and then 3 on Saturday -- the longest run since September!

No comments: