Monday, November 23, 2009

It's ok to walk. Really.

I was adventurous on Saturday and added a half-mile to my scheduled 1-mile run. I took a short walk-break in the middle and was surprised at how anti-walking I felt. I was actually afraid someone would see me and think I'm a slacker. Then I came to my senses and remembered that it's ok to walk. Really. When I continued running, my legs felt fine, and I finished up feeling good enough to go home, put the bike rack on the car, and go right back to the trail for a bike ride with my sister, who was home from college for the weekend. I wish there was more daylight left in the day so I could fit in bike rides and runs more often. I thought about taking the bike out again on Sunday, but I was pressed for time and settled for a walk instead.

Saturday:
Miles walking: 0.5
Miles running: 1.5
Miles biking: 4

Sunday:
Miles walking: 2

No comments: